Who we are
SurgeryWise.com is owned by SurgeryWise ltd ("Surgerywise", "us"), a limited company registered in England and Wales, reg no 6704737. Our registered address is 15.Market Street, Standish, Lancashire, WN6 0HW.
SurgeryWise.com regards your privacy seriously, and we have designed this Privacy Notice to help you understand what we do with your information and why. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact us at 'support surgerywise.com'. By accessing SurgeryWise.com, you are accepting the notice as described below. Please notice that these terms may change from time to time, and you should read this notice each time you access this website.
Surgerywise as a data controller and/or data processor
1. What data do we collect?
We may store, collect and use:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters, e-mail notifications or website services.
- Information that you provide to us for purposes of passing on to specialists, medical practitioners or other advertisers.
- Information you pass to us in relation to any purchases you make of our goods or services including advertising.
- Information you pass to us in relation to contributing any material such as text, images or illustrations to the website.
- Information you may pass to us in any correspondence.
- Any other information you may choose to send us.
- Information freely available in the public domain (for example by searching on the internet via Google.com).
- Information passed to us by third parties that is relevant to any services that we may provide to you.
We also use a third party service (Google Analytics) to collect standard internet information and visitor behaviour patterns. This information is only used to track visitor use of our website and provide statistical reports; it does not personally identify you by name.
2. Where do we collect personal data from?
We may collect data from you or your business when you email us, talk to us on the phone or in person, or contact us for any reason.
Surgerywise may receive information about you from any of the sites run by us, including Surgerywise.com, Mohs-surgeon.co.uk, and Basalcellcarcinoma.surgery.
We also work closely with third parties, including for example medical clinicians and providers, hospitals, clinics, billing processors, management companies and insurance companies, and may collect information about you from these sources for purposes of healthcare provision or financial processing.
3. How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To process information you have submitted to us
- To provide you with services and/or products
- To let our advertisers know how many people are viewing their adverts, how many visits we get to our website and geographical location of our visitors. This data will not identify you by name.
- Personally identifiable information is shared with third parties, such as when you have requested contact from a specialist or their agent, or trades representative. We also work with a number of medical specialists, hospitals, clinics and management agents and your information may be shared with these third parties in arranging for a response to your questions or in your healthcare provision.
- For financial processing. We will use your personal information for account keeping and the processing of finances, including requesting payment from your health insurer or hospital/clinic where you have been treated. We may also receive further information from these third parties for the purposes of payment processing.
- To help us review, develop and improve our services
- To disclose personally identifiable information as required by law or to protect our rights or comply
If Surgerywise Ltd or any of its websites are merged with, or acquired by, another company then all held information will likely be shared or transferred. This includes personally identifiable information.
4. Retention periods
We will keep your data only for as long as necessary under applicable law, including any accounting or reporting requirements.
5. Other individuals, companies or websites
Whilst we strive to keep your information secure, transmission of data over the internet and subsequent storage can never be considered 100% secure, and any data transmission is at your own risk. For this reason we ask that you:
- Do not send or discuss any sensitive financial information to us, such as credit card numbers, unless if we specifically ask you to do so.
We use strict procedures to keep your data safe, including using servers from within the EEA (European Economic Area). Your data may, however, be transferred to areas outside the EEA, such as in the transmission of email correspondence or through the processing of your data by third parties; the laws within these countries may not provide the same protection as in the EEA.
7. Your rights
Once your data has been shared with third parties we have no control over how this data is held or used by them. You will need to contact these third parties individually if you also wish to have them copy, transfer, amend, delete or remove your information.
With respect to the information held by us:
Let us know if your information is incorrect: If you feel that the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email us at the email address provided above and in our Contact section. We may need to verify this with you first, and will aim to update our records within a reasonable timeframe, usually 1 month.
Stopping your information being used: If you wish to have your information deleted or removed, please email us at the email address provided above and in our Contact section. We may need to verify this with you first, and will aim to update our records within a reasonable timeframe, usually 1 month. We may not always be able to comply with your request, due to for example legal or accounting reasons, and if so we will notify you of this at the time of request.
Please also read our:
Home |Find a Specialist | Procedure info | Real experiences | Hot Topics |Advertise with us